Are Your Lessons Rigorous?
Saturday October 4, 2014
Here are seven great questions from educational rigour ‘guru’ Tony Wagner to check whether your lessons are rigorous or not.
And by rigorous he doesnt mean simply effective at ‘prepping for the exam’.
- What is the purpose of this lesson?
- Why is this important to learn?
- In what ways am I challenged to think in this lesson?
- How will I apply, assess, or communicate what I’ve learned?
- How will I know how good my work is and how I can improve it?
- Do I feel respected by other students in this class?
- Do I feel respected by the teacher in this class?
Read more about his research on rigour here.