When it comes to your investment in us please bear in mind the following:
- We are expensive. We do this in order to attract the world's best people and make sure they do world-class work for us, with you.
- That said, we have not raised our prices across the board for around ten years to reflect a decade of strain on school budgets.
- We are 100% up front about our ‘satisfaction or you pay nothing’ guarantee. If you don’t think we’re worth it then please don’t pay.
- We like a good haggle. If you don't ask you don't get.
- All our Associates are free agents and we work on trust, not contracts. (This mean that if you approach them to work directly with you to cut us out of the loop we will see that as a breach of trust and we won’t work with you again.)
- We’ll invoice you promptly and you’ll pay us promptly. Simples. And when you do we’ll give you 10% off your next booking.
Please download the PDF of our price guide by clicking on the link at the foot of this page and here are some things to note:
- Events booked on Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays may attract a 33% surcharge, as we do have families.
- The one-hour conference address rate is not applicable to staff INSET or CPD Events.
- The half-day rate applies to either morning or afternoon and is for a session lasting up to 3 hours in length.
- Fees may vary from those published for Events that encompass more than 1 day e.g. an afternoon on day 1 plus the morning of day 2. Please contact us for prices.
- The difference in fees does not reflect a difference in quality. It is simply market forces in action with differing amounts charged as a result of factors such as availability, demand and experience. Like at the hairdressers.
- If you are a registered charity doing good work ask us about our special rates.
These are charged at cost and we do our best to keep them low and within reason.
These could include car travel which is charged at 50p per mile for the first 300 miles, 35p per mile thereafter plus associated costs e.g. road tolls, car parking etc, and/or standard rate public transport ticket costs e.g. rail fare, flight cost*, taxi fare etc.
We will endeavour to provide an approximation of costs on request, however each Associate will determine their own mode of travel and actual costs will not be known until the journey is made.
*Business class is required for international travel that last longer than four hours or three gin and tonics.
Where this is needed we have a company policy of only using hotels (as opposed to B&Bs, guest houses or back alleys) for our Associates. They are often travelling late at night, so 24-hour check-in is required.
If you are holding your Event in a hotel please add our Associate to your rooming list.
If your Event is not in a hotel, then our Associate will make the necessary arrangements to stay in a reasonable standard of hotel nearby using the following price guidelines:
- £85.00 for a room
- £10.00 for breakfast
Market forces, location and time of year will determine the actual cost and copies of any receipts will be available on request.
You can if you prefer make the accommodation arrangements for our Associate, bearing in mind the need for it to be a reasonable hotel with 24-hour check-in, just let us know.
This may also be claimed using the following guidelines
- £10.00 for lunch (including soft drinks)
- £20.00 for evening meal (including soft drinks)
Again, copies of any receipts will be available on request.
We also charge VAT on the Associate rate and their expenses although most organisations can claim that back so it doesn't count.
Click here to find out more about what each member of the Independent Thinking team has to offer.Click here to see our price guide