Independent Thinking National Conferences
Conferences Don't Change Practice, They Change Minds. Then They Change Practice
When so many conferences are all about how to apply the latest government directive in practice, we feel it's time to reclaim the heart of education. Our brand-new range of important national conferences is all about putting the child back at the heart of education in a way that is rigorous, professional, caring and effective.
To achieve this we have invited some of the UK's leading practitioners, thinkers, innovators, authors and experts to contribute to a series of events that will challenge delegates from all phases and sectors to re-evaluate what they are doing - and remind them why they are doing it in the first place.
Covering topics including EYFS, mental health and teaching and learning in schools, we feel that our conference programme will put forward a different narrative and help all schools move forward in a way that is actually sustainable, humane and enjoyable.
Now, that's an education worth fighting for!
We would love for you to join us and reclaim the heart of education.
Please note: where we can accept payment by debit or credit card for a conference this is through online booking only, just select the PayPal payment method option if offered (you do not need to have a PayPal account).
To book on a conference, please select the event page in the directory to the right or see the events below.
Registrations are now OPEN for the Independent Thinking and IAPS brand new conference guaranteed to make you smile and think and return to school armed to ensure your school focuses on fanning the flames of learning, not just collecting the results. For the full programme please click VIEW or see the event page to the right and to book click on the page to the right: Book on a National Conference
An Independent Thinking and Teachology joint leadership conference. A national leadership conference with a difference. This unique conference is designed to help you reconnect with why you chose this job and help you be a better leader as a result. For more information and how to book, please click VIEW or see the event page to the right.
The very idea of assessment is one that can strike terror into the hearts of teachers and pupils alike. This course is presented by a team of high profile, highly-rated speakers who are here to show you that assessment really can work, with the experience and ideas to prove it.
- « Previous
- Next »
Feedback from Bringing the New Primary Curriculum to Life Conference in London 15th September 2016:
- "You really could not have pulled together a better team of speakers from my perspective. As the head of a London Pre-prep, preparing children for highly selective schools at 7+, I was fully expecting to feel overwhelmed at the prospect of finding room for more creativity in my curriculum (and perhaps a little bit smug that my under 7s are already highly motivated and effective learners). In truth of course, there is work still to be done, but I came away feeling excited about the opportunities for long term development, particularly those presented by Jonathan, Hywel and Carl, and with a handful of useful 'learning tools' from Simon to pass on to staff in the short term. I may not be ready to swap all the desks for beanbags just yet, but I am very glad I took the day away from school to give thought to how we can better 'make it real' for our children and will certainly take this further. Thank you."
- "The session was incredibly useful and has allowed us to move on development of some key areas at Darton."
- " I had a really productive day and have already started to implement some of the ideas across school and others are in our long term planning. It really was an excellent day- really well organised and fantastic ideas."
- "Last week I attended an IAPS/ITL partnership conference which Debra Kidd hosted brilliantly. The input and heart from Jonathan Lear and Hywel Roberts resonated especially – they are great positive forces for change in education. Thank you for the work of ITL."
Feedback from Leadership with a Heart Conference in London 27th November 2015:
- "I am not exaggerating when I say that Friday was the most inspirational and beneficial day of CPD I have ever experienced. At a difficult time for my school it was a reminder of why we do this job and what is most important. The variation in the content of the talks, whilst retaining a common theme, was most impressive""I couldn't wait to email you and have been buzzing since I left this afternoon. It is so seldom that we in education have access to people who resonate so completely with the way we see things: access to the agitators, the thinkers, the warriors, the wondermakers. To have them all in the same room at the same time is absolutely unprecedented and entirely responsible for the insomnia I have suddenly developed"
- Thank you so very much for the brilliant conference on Friday. Very inspirational, had me crying and laughing!! I now have so many ideas to take back to school. Each presenter was excellent. Thank you once again - I shall be back!
Feedback from Developing an Outstanding Curriculum Conference in London 22nd September 2015:
- "Just to say how very much I enjoyed today's conference. It had it all - information, practical advice, humour, passion, and emotion. I left feeling invigorated and inspired. Please pass on my thanks the to the team they were all excellent"
Feedback from Getting the Learning Right Conference in London 23rd June 2015:
- "Thank you very much indeed for chairing such an inspirational course. I have returned to school reinvigorated (no small achievement at this stage in the term/year!) and have spent the day writing thunks on the board, listening to babies laugh, recreating the building of Burghley House/felling trees and speaking with my Headmaster about 7 Minute Coaching"
Feedback from the Emotional Wellbeing Conference in London 8th May 2015:
- "One of the best conferences I have been on! So much to take away, think about and do. Full of riches!"
Feedback from the Early Years Conference in London 6th February 2015:
- "The speakers were energetic, lively and very passionate about what they spoke about"
- "I thought the early years conference was brilliant. It was very inspriring"
- "Thank you for a very different, inspiring training course"
- "Well worth the journey, great stuff"
- "Lots of hands on activities using imagination creativity and technology"
- "Life changing, inspirational"
- "Fabulous day very creative"
Feedback from The Digital Learning Conference in London 28th November 2014:
- "Just wanted to say what an amazing day yesterday was. Like a lot of teachers I go to all sorts of conferences and training days and many of them just want to make you snooze or you come away with not a lot. Every speaker yesterday gave something not just one thing but lots, everything had value to me as a teacher and my students, by the end of the day my brain was shredded. Everything you did seemed to be on the same wave length as my own thinking. Not only was I tweeting during the day, but I was also on Yammer feeding back to the college, they had probably thought I had gone loopy. I shall be talking to our ILT strategy team in more detail and our training officer, we need to bring some or all of you into the college. A brilliant, brilliant day thank you" - Alison Halsey, BTEC Business and Computing, Canterbury College